Wyandotte High School | 2501 Minnesota Avenue
| Kansas City, KS 66102 | (913) 627- 7650
Site Map (Index) | Email: Caverin@kckps.org
Mission: To educate, empower, and encourage all learners, that they may create a better tomorrow for themselves and our community.
The Guidance and Counseling Department provides Wyandotte students with the following stupports:
- Educational Planning: Assisting students with high school coursework, post-secondary education, or with vocational choices after high school.
- Counseling Services: Available when students encounter personal problems.
- Peer-Assisted Student Support: Peer tutoring, peer mediation, and conflict resolution. Students may request these services in the Counseling Office.
- Student Evaluations: Used to determine if the pupil is making satisfactory academic progress; diagnose and identify learning problems; address students special needs; help students know themselves better so they can make sound educational and vocational plans.
- Vocational Planning: Aptitude testing and interest inventories that can be administered to students.
- Registrar Services: Enrollment, withdrawals, transcripts, and student records.
- Translator/Interpreter: For Spanish speaking parents and students.
Minnie Brooks - Registrar
- Family Resource Specialist
Nancy Hamil - Counselor
Shelley Madrigal - Counselor
Alberto Rodriguez - Translator/Interpreter